Health and SafetyA Top Priority
At Immanuel, your child’s safety and well-being are our primary concerns. We recognize that our building is your child’s home away from home.
School Safety Features
- Entrances to classrooms locked
- Security background checks on staff and volunteers
- Safe car drop off and pick up procedures
- Annual bus evacuation drills
- Fire drills, tornado drills, and lock down drills
- A designated crisis center—United Methodist Church (located across Plum Grove Road and south of our building)
- Playground equipment that meets state safety standards
- Air-conditioned classrooms
- Palatine Fire Station located 3 blocks from school
- All staff trained in first aid, bloodborne pathogens, CPR, and AED (defibrillator) use
“Immanuel takes pride in providing your child with a safe and loving environment.”
Our Building Security Features:
- Parents and visitors enter only through the main entrance of the building.
- Visitors must check in at the office when they arrive and be escorted to their designated location in the school.
- Parents and other school volunteers receive a security badge with access to school hallways during school hours.
- Children are only dismissed to their parents or designated caregivers.
- Codes of conduct based on Christian values assure a safe and welcoming environment for all children.
Additional Benefits For our Students:
- Extended School Supervision (ESS) care program until 6:00 p.m.
- Daily hot lunch
- An in-house resource teacher available five days a week
- Free bus services for students living in School District 15
- Free child supervision from 7:00 a.m. until classrooms open at 7:25 a.m.
- Air-conditioned classrooms
The Board of the Christian School of Immanuel Lutheran School, Palatine, IL is committed to providing a learning environment that supports and promotes wellness, good nutrition, and an active lifestyle and recognizes the positive relationship between good nutrition, physical activity and the capacity of students to develop and learn. The entire school environment shall be aligned with healthy school goals to positively influence students’ beliefs and habits and promote health and wellness, good nutrition and regular physical activity. In addition, school staff shall be encouraged to model healthy eating and physical activity as a valuable part of daily life. For more information, please see Immanuel’s complete Wellness Policy.
- Physical Education class for all grade levels everyday.
- A strong extra-curricular Athletics program. Learn More About Athletics
- Daily recess is offered to all children in EarlyChildhood through FifthGrade.
- Occasional outdoor activities, including outdoor education, sports events, and
recess are available for Middle School students.
- A Healthy School Lunch Program. Immanuel offers a daily hot lunch program
that includes food freshly-prepared for our students by a cook on staff. Our well- balanced meals include fruits and vegetables, lean meats, and healthy carbohydrates that follow state guidelines. Daily white and chocolate milk is also offered.
Immanuel offers families a variety of options to provide social and emotional support in cases where it may be needed.
- The Pastors on staff are always available to meet with students and families.
- Whitestone Counseling has an office in our building and provides Christian-based counseling services to provide healing and guidance to students and their families as needed.
- Mobile Therapy Centers of America can provide free developmental screenings for all children enrolled at Immanuel. They offer services including speech therapy, occupational therapy, and assistance with learning difficulties. Individual programs are developed on a case-by-case basis with the parents.