This Christmas we once again are given the opportunity to bless others who are in need. Immanuel Lutheran School is partnering with our Sister School, St. Paul Dorchester, Good Samaritan Ministries, and Palatine Township to help families in need add to their celebration of the Savior’s birth. Your child’s homeroom teacher has posted lists for gifts, food, and gift cards. Please help as you are able. God has given us so much; let’s be His hands as we bless others this Christmastime.
• Drop off gifts in your child’s classroom or homeroom by 10:00 a.m. on Friday morning, December 13, so that they may be delivered later that day.
• Gift cards should NOT be put into bags, as they are sometimes missed that way. Instead, please place them in an envelope with the family’s number and the name of the recipient on the envelope; give the gift cards to Immanuel’s office, so they may be handed directly to Good Samaritan Ministries’ volunteers.
• Gift receipts are much appreciated when possible as clothing sizes can be tricky.
• Wrap gifts and label each gift with the family member’s name and their family number.
• Gather all of the family member’s gifts and package them in a large box or bag,
clearly marking it with the family’s number. (Remember gift cards should not be
put in the bag or box.)
• Please no perishable items.
Another Giving Opportunity - the “Mitten Trees”
Student Council is once again sponsoring this year’s Mitten Trees. Please bring new hats, gloves, mittens, and scarves to hang on the trees in the school lobby by Friday, December 13. These will be shared with needy families at our Sister School, St. Paul Dorchester in Chicago. Please consider helping those less fortunate and share the love of Christ this Christmas.